Sometimes we get lazy, or forget to do our routine, but if you truly want to have smooth and beautiful skin, make sure you follow some of these simple tips.
- Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB rays with an SPF of 30 or higher, even on cloudy days.
- Reapply your sunscreen every two to three hours you’re outdoors.
- Don’t smoke — for the sake of your overall health as well as your appearance.
- Get seven or more hours of sleep a night. (Regular sleep, Friedman says, optimizes the natural secretion of human growth hormone, which promotes cell turnover and collagen production. And exercise increases circulation and the flow of nutrients to the skin.)
- Activities like yoga and meditation help keep stress in check, which in turn reduces the release of stress hormones that worsen conditions like acne, eczema, and rosacea.
- Meditating regularly may even make treatment more effective.
- The bottom line: The key to gorgeous skin turns out to be a mix of science, common sense, overall good health habits, and a simple stick-to-it skincare regimen.
If you have oily skin, certain oil-limiting cleansers may help. But you need to find what works for you, and it’s best to keep skincare regimens simple. I honestly believe diet has a lot to do with it, as well as your mental state. Here are some foods which will help:
If you have any tips on getting smooth and beautiful skin, please share it with us in the comments!